1) I sent the manuscript for my YA contemporary, Middle of Knowhere, to my CP this week. I think she likes it so far, but I can't wait to see what she really thinks. :)
2) I survived the Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet this week. (Did I mention that I'm the Cubmaster for our pack?) Yep, so I planned, decorated, and executed the event, and boy, am I glad that's over! It was a Minion theme. Cute, huh?
3) Last night, I went to a Zumba fundraiser for a little boy at our elementary school who has cancer. Bring It 4 Brayon. You can find info all over the web about him. He is basically dancing his way through his cancer treatments, and he is unbelievable for a little six-year-old. He was on the Ellen Degeneres Show this past week, and she fell in LOVE with him. Last night, our small rural town raised...*insert drumroll please* THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!! *cue the squeals*
|He is such a brave little boy who has captured the hearts of many!|
5) My husband was out of town recently and I had a book "marathon" while he was away. I read like 4 books in 2 days. They were all YA contemporary books so it was great to compare them to my own YA contemporary manuscript. I came away feeling pretty good. And the cool thing about 3 of those books...they were FREE and they were SIGNED! I won them in a Giveaway over on Magen Corrie's website. Gotta love Giveaways!!
6) My son's birthday is coming up at the end of this month. Remember how I did a Frozen party last year? If not, you can click HERE to find out...Anyways, this year he wants an Avengers party. Sooo, I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next couple of weeks...
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! What's up with you?