Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IWSG July: Final Four

Hi everyone! I can't believe it's already July—where is the summer going? Before I know it, my kids will be back in school and I'm seriously dreading that! I'm loving the no-schedule thing!

Well, since it's the first of July, it's time for another group posting of the IWSG! It's a time for writers to air our insecurities or triumphs and offer support and encouragement to other writers. As always, a big thank you to Alex Cavanaugh for starting this awesome group! And thank you to the co-hosts for today: Charity Bradford, S.A. Larsen, AJ, Tamara Narayan, Allison Gammons, and Tanya Miranda!


I'm not feeling insecure this month, instead, I kind of feel like I'm floating on Cloud 9! The past month has been a really good ego-boost for me. And hopefully this feeling will carry on as I begin to query my YA Contemporary MIDDLE OF KNOWHERE.

As many of you already know, a few weeks ago I was chosen to be on one of the teams for Query Kombat. And thus began my amazing ride! After weeks of "battles" against other Kombatants and after beating out four of my opponents, I made it to the Final Four round. Now, can I just say that I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd make it that far! In fact, over this past year as I've queried a different manuscript and entered contests with it, I didn't get anywhere in those contests. Making it into the Final Four is seriously like a dream—or an answer to a prayer.

Anyhoo, I got knocked out in the Final Four round BUT I was finally able to see my agent requests from the Agent Round. And the total number of requests I received is...Seven!

I'm super excited, especially because I haven't even started querying KNOWHERE yet. But, as always, I don't want to get my hopes up. But one thing is certain, being in Query Kombat has given me the confidence I need to keep going at this trying-to-get-an-agent thing. I can do this. It may take months, it may take years, but at least I know I'm in it for the long haul.

Thanks, as always, for all of your support! I am always amazed by how wonderful writers are, especially when it comes to cheering on fellow writers.

Happy Wednesday!


23 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Seven requests from agents is amazing! Fingers crossed they love what you send them. A bidding war, perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will keep riding this cloud all the way to the top. Way to go. lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that June was a good month for you! Congratulations on making it to the final round! And seven agent requests? That is AMAZING! WOO-HOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH!!! Seven is a perfect number! Congrats on making it that far:) Hopefully one of those agents will love your story as much as you do or more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! That's amazing!! Good luck querying your manuscript - if the competition is anything to go by, I'm sure it'll do great :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should be on cloud 9. This shows what talent, dedication and great work does. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congratulations!!! That's so great, and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kristin! Obviously, you have something great going on with this manuscript. Seven requests before you even query is huge! I'm glad this inspired you to keep going--I hope that one of these requests turns into an offer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seven! That's awesome. Hope you get multiple offers.
    Congratulations on making it to the final four.

    ReplyDelete
  10. seven requests is AMAZING!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world as you begin the querying process. I have a good feeling about this one (love the title) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo!!! Seven is fantastic! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you're rocking it! Good for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I will say is 'I told you so.' ;) So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Contests are the ONLY way to go. Congrats on all the requests! Here's hoping for you. And I'm so stoked you made it to round 4 too! That's beyond epic.

    So what could make things even more epic? Being bragged about: http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/2015/07/very-inspired-by.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS