I hadn't given this much thought until I was contacted recently by Eventbrite, the largest self-service ticketing platform that helps people find and plan events. And for those of us who are bookworms, they help readers connect with authors through bookish events. Every year, there are awesome conventions around the country where readers and fans are able to connect with their favorite authors. In fact, May 2nd through May 8th, I'll be in Atlanta at the RT Booklovers Convention. I'll be signing books, participating in author panels, and hosting a YA slumber party with other fabulous YA authors. If you live in the area, you should come and see me!
Anyhoo, Eventbrite is currently doing a special project and asking bloggers to share their dream panel of authors. And when they asked if I would be interested in participating, I, of course, was excited to take part! Who wouldn't want to participate in such a cool project? I may be an author myself, but I still consider authors to be like rock stars, and like many readers out there, I have my favorite authors and those I would LOVE to meet in person.
DREAM PANEL OF AUTHORS
Since I read books from various genres, my panel would include all YA (young adult) authors, but I'd choose a couple of my favorite authors from each category.
YA Contemporary Romance:
Sounds like an awesome cast of authors, right? I would create two panels with all of the authors listed, and the two moderators would be:
1) Myself (Kristin Smith)
2) James Dashner (only because I've met him and he's a pretty funny guy)
The event would be held in Charlotte, NC since that's where I live, making it easy for me to attend and participate.
Obviously, one thing to consider is what kind of questions I would ask these famous authors. Here is a list I came up with, but feel free to add your own questions in the comments. I'd love to know what questions YOU would ask YOUR dream panel of authors.
Questions for the Authors:
1) How many manuscripts do you have that will probably never see the light of day?
2) What is your favorite thing about being an author?
3) What is the most surprising thing about being an author?
4) If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?
5) If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
6) Who is YOUR favorite author?
7) Name some books in YOUR TBR pile.
8) How many books do you read a year?
9) What is one piece of advice you would give to aspiring authors?
10) Name one thing you cannot live without.
11) Are you a pantser or a plotter?
12) Of all the books you've written, which one is your favorite?
So, what do you think? Does this sound like a good panel? I'd love to know, who would be on YOUR dream panel of authors? Tell me in the comments! :)
****And if you're interested in finding an event in your area, Eventbrite's event planning software page is a great tool. You can find it HERE.
Happy Wednesday! :)