• What inspired you to write your novella, 30 Seconds?
In a dream, I was spinning on a swivel chair to pounding rock music with my eyes closed when hands halted the fast rotation and lips touched mine. I opened my eyes to see a hot officer in full uniform. Before I woke up he said, “I shouldn’t have done that.” In the morning, I started to think about writing a story where a woman falls in love with a cop even though she knows she shouldn’t. That’s when I created Dani Hart and Blake Herro.
*Hot officer? Yummy. This novella sounds right up my alley! -K.S.
• How are you the same or different from your main character, Dani Hart?
Dani and I both live and breathe rock music. We are also afraid of being in car accidents, and have at least one tattoo. After that the similarities stop. Dani is a fast runner with perfect form whereas I look like Pinocchio running from a pack of dogs. She is a redhead and a doctor. I have blonde hair and only pretended to be a doctor when I was a child.
*Haha! Pinocchio. That's funny! -K.S.
• What books or authors have most influenced your writing?
As a child, the book “Are you my Mother?” by P.D. Eastman influenced me a lot. This book still influences me and has been mentioned in a few of my books. As a young woman, Nora Robert made a huge impact on my writing. She essentially became my mentor through her printed words.
*I also LOVE "Are you my Mother?" And Nora Roberts is such a talented writer! -K.S.
• Tell us something nobody knows about you.
I won second place two years in a row in my elementary school’s science fair, but in high school I struggled with science.
• What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When someone puts a dirty plate in the sink without rinsing it off first. I hate scrubbing off bits of food and dried-on sauces. Ick!
*That is gross! -K.S.
• Name two things you consider yourself to be very good at.
1. Writing, of course. I’ve been writing with the intent of publication since I was twelve, so I like to think I’m pretty good at it.
2. Being an auntie to my two nephews. I was a nanny to both of them when they were babies/toddlers. I love them so much, and would protect them at all costs.
• Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
1. Singing. I know I don’t have a singing voice, which is sad since I love music so much and even write song lyrics.
2. Walking in high heels. I’m tall, and I have a rod in my back from corrective spine surgery for scoliosis, so when you put the two of those things together you have a very awkward woman in heels.
• If you had a time machine, where would you go?
17th century England to see pirates for a story I am planning on writing.
*Ooooh, that would be cool. And inspirational. -K.S.
• What’s your motto in life?
Everything happens for a reason, even if you don’t know what that reason is at the time.
*Love that motto! Good one. -K.S.
Blurb: When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he's made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He's determined to protect her at all costs.
The Mob's death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart's life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she's dodging bullets, she's falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00N26EU9G
The Wild Rose Press: http://www.wildrosepublishing.
com/maincatalog_v151/index. php?main_page=product_info& products_id=5801
Bio: Chrys Fey is a lover of rock music just like Dani Hart in 30 Seconds. Whenever she's writing at her desk, headphones are always emitting the sounds of her musical muses -especially that of her favorite band, 30 Seconds to Mars, the inspiration behind the title.
30 Seconds is her second eBook with The Wild Rose Press. Her debut, Hurricane Crimes, is also available on Amazon.
Discover her writing tips on her blog, and connect with her on Facebook. She loves to get to know her readers!