I recently signed up for the SCBWI Carolinas Conference: To Tell a Tale which will be held in Charlotte in a couple weeks. And I'm so excited! Ever since I decided to switch genres and tackle Young Adult, I've been looking for the right conference for me. And wouldn't you know it...there's one close to home!
Since I registered, I've had tons of thoughts going through my head as well as a running list of things I need to do to get ready for the conference. Here's what I think I need to do before the conference... (All of you conference experts out there, let me know if I'm on the right track!)
- Make business cards with contact info to hand out to other writers at the conference.
- Have my elevator pitch ready in case someone asks me what I'm working on.
- Work on my query so when the conference is over, I can submit to the agents who attend.
- Make sure I have appropriate business casual clothes to wear (hmm, I might need to go shopping for this one...)
- Have my first page polished and in appropriate format for the First Pages/First Impressions submission.
- Be ready to learn, immerse myself in writing, and meet other writers. (Sounds fun, right?!)
Can you think of anything else?