Friday, January 23, 2015

This Writer Mom & a Call for Help

In an attempt to shake things up a bit and mesh three things I love—writing, being a mother, and design, I decided to create these posts titled "This Writer Mom." Based on color and style, I will match pictures of "mothers" to their ideal writing (and perhaps lounging or dining location). It's a fun way to incorporate design elements into my blog while still maintaining a focus on writing.

For this mother, I incorporated a farmhouse style with blues and whites. Hope you enjoy!

This Writer Mom...


Cooks here...
Picture info

Sleeps here...
Picture info

Writes here...


And a special call for help from my dear friend and CP, Leandra Wallace, who recently posted this flyer on her blog.

CJ Omololu is currently battling stage 4 cancer and with the release of her new book, The Third Twin, only a month away, we want to spread the word about the book and author. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this news spread like wildfire throughout the blogosphere and we all showed our support during this truly difficult time for CJ? If you feel so inclined, please spread the word on your own blogs, and feel free to use the above flier. And if you want to really show your support, you can pre-order her book and have it shipped to you the day it releases, February 24th. I just pre-ordered my copy! Here's more info about CJ's novel...

When they were little, Lexi and her identical twin, Ava, made up a third sister, Alicia. If something broke? Alicia did it. Cookies got eaten? Alicia’s guilty. Alicia was always to blame for everything.

The game is all grown up now that the girls are seniors. They use Alicia as their cover to go out with boys who are hot but not exactly dating material. Boys they’d never, ever be with in real life.

Now one of the guys Alicia went out with has turned up dead, and Lexi wants to stop the game for good. As coincidences start piling up, Ava insists that if they follow the rules for being Alicia, everything will be fine. But when another boy is killed, the DNA evidence and surveillance photos point to only one suspect—Alicia. The girl who doesn’t exist.

As she runs from the cops, Lexi has to find the truth before another boy is murdered. Because either Ava is a killer . . . or Alicia is real.
Amazon | B&N


Also, a BIG THANK YOU to all those who stopped by my Secret Agent Entry on Miss Snark's First Victim's website and left a comment/critique. You guys are awesome!


11 comments:

  1. Such a great cause. Your writer mom may live a more glamorous life, but I'm on my recliner in my nightgown working--I prefer my not-so-attractive version of it! It's just much more comfortable than that chair would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, she has me beat too—I'm in my sweats on my bed! Love my writing bed. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, she looks like... well, Super Mom. That clean of a kitchen?? *sigh* If only...

    I don't think I've seen a better cause to sell books in a long while. I hope CJ sells a lot, but moreso, I hope she overcomes cancer, and her family finds joy in the midst of this struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only, I know...

      My thoughts are with CJ and her family too during this difficult time.

      Delete
  3. Oh the design and bedroom is so pretty...not like mine:) There is nothing out of place?? Is that not weird:) I hope your friend sells tons of books and that she beats the Big C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool design and pics! That blurb is chilling. I hope that CJ beats the big C - praying for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book. My niece might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love a room like the one you showcased for "writes here." Looks like a peaceful place to do some drawing, too... :)

    And gosh, poor CJ. I think it's fantastic what the community is doing to help spread the word about her book. Just added The Third Twin to my Amazon wishlist. It sounds so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a lucky Mom!

    I've signed up to help. Cancer just sucks.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS