Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let It Snow!

It's SNOWING!!

So excited for the first snowfall of the year! The weather has been teasing us for weeks with temperatures in the teens on dry as a bone days, and rain pouring from the sky during fair weather 50's.

So, FINALLY, it is here.

Can I tell you how much I love the snow? In small doses, of course.

I love the way it falls gently to the ground and covers the earth in a thick, white blanket. It makes everything appear pure, serene, and beautiful. For those first few minutes before tiny feet run across the white expanse, it is perfect. Untouched. Unspoiled.

Then it becomes hours of endless fun, as long as you can stand the biting cold and frozen fingers.

I love that life seems to slow down--cars don't move as fast, people don't leave their homes as much. It creates opportunities for families to be together in the home or playing outside. It promotes laughter and silliness.

You should see my children right now. Not having many experiences with snow since we live in a milder climate, they are ecstatic. And a little confused why we can't get down the sleds from the top of the garage. I had to patiently explain to them that we have to wait until the snow actually covers the ground before we can go sledding.

Here's hoping and praying tomorrow will be a SNOW DAY!! Did I mention how much I LOVE Snow Days?

Does anyone else have a snow experience you want to share?


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the snow. My oldest brother was a snowboarder before snowboarding had been invented. He took an orange sled, put grip tape down the middle, and took the hills. Ah, good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! That sounds so fun! If I had a choice between snowboarding or skiing, I'd choose snowboarding any day. I love to snowboard! Thanks for sharing Crystal!!

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments!! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS