Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is for Trees

This month I'm participating in the A to Z blogging challenge and

posting every day in April (except Sundays) with the corresponding letter of the day. The theme I chose for this year is 26 Days of Gratitude. I'll be posting about people, places, things, and events in my life I'm grateful for. Today is the letter...




Have you ever noticed how majestic trees are? I used to not, until I married my husband. To me, they were just trees, offering shade from the hot, summer sun, and pretty leaves to look at during the fall. But my husband, a lover of trees, brought to my attention that trees are beautiful. Some have peeling bark, some have thick trunks and large, sweeping branches, while others might have gnarled and twisted branches. Each tree is unique.

A few years ago, on a family camping trip to the mountains bordering Tennessee and North Carolina, we came across a magnificent tree. Large and majestic, this tree stood out in the forest as we hiked. Of course, my husband had to get a picture of it...




Now, this tree is nothing in comparison to the Redwood Forest, of which my poor husband has yet to experience. Can you imagine the look on his face when he sees one of these...

Source

Better get your camera ready, because when he sees a tree like this, you don't want to miss it!

So, in a way, I'm grateful for trees, for their timeless beauty, and for the child-like excitement they instill in my husband!



40 comments:

  1. This is a great picture!! And I agree with your husband, trees are beautiful ;)
    These remind me of some amazing gigantic trees I saw in Hawaii...I mean, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the redwoods. Hiking in the woods...it's so quiet. Peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at palm trees, the way the green fronds and the tan bark look up against the deep blue sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees don't grow old and die, either. Something has to kill them. Rather amazing when you think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live by lots of Redwood forests, and even as a tree-lover, I admit I sometimes take them for granted. Some I've camped near some sequoias that are older than the time of Christ, and have seen olive trees in Greece that are even older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore trees. It's one of the things I always look for in my dream home. :-D

    Sorry for only following back now, by the way. I had trouble with tracking down your blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love trees. Shortly after reading a biography about Tolkein, I took up his hobby of drawing trees--especially old oaks or gnarled cedars with a lifetime of stories. I grew up with a grove of oak in my backyard, and I was always climbing in them. *sigh* I miss it.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband definitely has a good eye. Each tree IS unique. If we slow down and truly look at nature around us, it's amazing what we find. That's one of my favorite pastimes during the summer months. Love your pics! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trees are beautiful, and I always loved climbing in them when I was a kid. Seeing a redwood is on my bucket list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here regularly.
    I'm somewhat sure I will be told many new stuff proper here!
    Good luck for the next!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... oral history transcription services

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS